To be responsible, through management and staff leadership, for promoting and ensuring the highest standards of care, in compliance with statutory requirements, to meet the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents within the Christian ethos of PCI.
To ensure the Home is run efficiently and effectively whilst safeguarding service users.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities of the post and standards for the service, including the need for management and delivery of person-centred services
- Knowledge of current health and social services available for older people
- Computer skills for word processing and emailing
- Current registration as a Care Home Manager with RQIA
- A professional social worker qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the NISCC Register without condition OR a first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register OR allied health professions * registered with the Health Professionals Council, AND HAVE a minimum of 4 years work experience in health and social care setting with older people. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity ** in a health and social care setting
- A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Residential Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and registered, or be eligible for registration on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NISCC register, without condition, AND HAVE a minimum of five years practice experience in any health and social care setting with older people which must include at least two years relevant experience in an operational management ** capacity in a health and social care setting
- Must be willing to work within the Christian ethos of PCI.
- Must be available for flexible working, including on call at night and week-ends as required
- Willingness to maintain registration with the appropriate professional regulatory body
- Must be willing to adhere to NISCC Codes of Practice or N.M.C.
- Must meet the requirements for registration with the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority as the registered manager
- Satisfactory Access NI check
Applications Packs are available with full details of the post and may be obtained from the Personnel Department, Assembly Buildings, 2-10 Fisherwick Place, Belfast BT1 6DW.
Telephone: +44 (0)28 9041 7255 or email email@example.com
Applications should be returned to the Personnel Department, not later than 4pm on Wednesday, 11th October 2017.