To contribute to the Christian ministry and mission of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland through the delivery of the duties outlined.
To be an active member of the General Assembly’s senior staff leadership team, contributing to the effective administration of its functions and assisting in the development of strategies and plans for the delivery of its agreed objectives in a manner in keeping with the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
To assist the Council for Social Witness to implement decisions of the General Assembly relevant to the Council and to carry forward its delegated responsibilities in a manner that is fully accountable to the General Assembly and engages with Presbyteries and congregations.
To assist the Council for Social Witness to deliver an effective social care service to the wider community in partnership with appropriate organisations, in the areas of Older People Services, Disability Services Child & Adult Safeguarding , Criminal Justice and Substance Abuse and other such services as agreed by the General Assembly.
To provide guidance and support to the General Assembly and its Councils, Presbyteries and congregations in relation to social care, social witness and related issues.
To provide the professional lead for the delivery of social care services by the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
- A professional social worker qualification registered with the relevant professional body without condition
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards for the Health and Social Care sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the relevant Regulatory Bodies – e.g. RQIA, NISCC, NMC, Access NI, HIQA
- Meets the requirements to be the Registered Provider with RQIA
- Knowledge of Safeguarding regulations and Health and Safety legislation relevant to the Care Sector
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a senior management position (e.g. above individual unit level management) in a health and social care setting
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing a health and social care setting
- Experience of strategic planning and of business planning
- Experiencing of policy development
- Experience of contributing to public policy or of lobbying for change
- Experience of liaising with statutory bodies such as RQIA, HIQA, HSC Trusts and the police
- Experience of implementing Statutory Regulations and Standards in relation to Regulatory Bodies
- Experience of financial and budget management
- Experience of Quality Assurance Monitoring
- Must evidence an understanding of, and commitment to, working within the Christian ethos and doctrinal framework of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Evidence of personal Christian faith in practice and expression, normally demonstrated by active membership of a Christian congregation (The essential nature of this post requires that the successful candidate be a Christian as provided for under excepted occupations in the Fair Employment Treatment (NI) Order 1998)
- Required to maintain registration with the appropriate professional regulatory body and adhere to relevant Codes of Practice
- Satisfactory Access NI check
- Available for irregular working hours, when necessary, on call duty, and travel throughout Ireland and on occasions beyond
- Access to appropriate transport for work purposes
Application packs are available for download below or by email from
Closing date is 4pm on Friday 17 September 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer