As a member of the management team, under the Home Manager, to assist in the effective and efficient management of the Home on a day-to-day basis, maintaining good standards of professional practice as required by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council, while working within the Christian ethos of the Council for Social Witness.
In the absence of the Home Manager (or Deputy Head), to exercise responsibility for all aspects of the operation of the Home and to relate to all callers including relatives and professionals.
- Knowledge and experience of Care Planning
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults and their families
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and monitoring standards
- Knowledge of the role of the Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority
- A minimum of NVQ/QCF Level 2 Award in Health and Social Care and a willingness to work towards Level 3.
- A willingness to work towards NVQ/QCF Assessors Award
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience caring for older people, people with disabilities or people with mental health needs.
- Experience in ordering, receiving, administering and storage of medication.
- Availability for flexible hours working, which may include hours beyond the normal shift pattern
- Willingness to maintain registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council, by the Appointee, is a requirement of this position
- Must be willing to work within the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Discount card – money off in local shops and restaurants
- Free – staff meals, uniform, and training
- Enhanced – annual leave
- Free – Access NI and NISCC registration
- Enhanced – maternity pay and pension scheme
Hours: 2 posts:
Post 1 – 37.5 hours per week, night duty
Post 2 – 37.5 hours per week, night duty (maternity cover for 1 year)
Application packs are available for download below or by email from
or by phone: +44 (0)28 9041 7255
Closing date is 4pm on Friday 8 March 2024
We are an equal opportunities employer