‘People of God’ Congregational Prayer Journey
‘Live a life worthy of the calling you have received.’
Paul to the Church at Ephesus | Ephesians 4 v.1
The ‘People of God’ Congregational Prayer Journey is a 28-day prayer resource for congregations to use together.
It reminds members who we are as the 'People of God' and encourages prayerful fresh expectation and awareness of God at work in and through our life together.
Week 1. A Called People (Ephesians 4v.1-16)
Week 2. A More Aware People (Romans 12v.1-8)
Week 3. An Appreciative People (I Thessalonians 5v.12-14)
Week 4. A Sent People (Matthew 10v.1-16)
Each day has a short reflection on verses from each passage and a prompt to pray for an aspect of your congregation’s life and witness like the one below:
‘People of God’
Congregational Prayer Journey
Week One: A CALLED PEOPLE | Ephesians 4:1-16
Day 2: A Patient People: Called to humility, gentleness and love | Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
In our congregation’s life and work not everybody moves at our pace or in our ways. That means we need to be patient with each other. This is not an easy call to answer. It requires us to bear with each other and grow in the deep qualities of humility, gentleness and love.
Pray that relationships in our congregation might be marked with humility, gentleness, patience and love.
Ideas for using the Prayer Journey in your congregation
- Encourage your congregation to sign up to receive a daily prayer prompt direct to your phone or other electronic device over the next four weeks.
- Print the PDF to distribute to those who prefer a hard copy for daily use.
- Allow the material to prime the pump of a Congregational Week of Prayer.
- Use the Bible passages to shape your preaching for four Sundays.
- Use the themes as a framework for your weekly Prayer Meeting or in Intercessory Prayer for your congregation in Sunday Worship.
- Incorporate the 28 short prompts for prayer into your monthly order of service and announcement sheet on a weekly basis as prayer themes over the next six months.
Click here to sign up to receive the prayer journey each day by email.
Download a PDF of the 'People of God' Congregational Prayer Journey
Download a Word Document of the 'People of God' Congregational Prayer Journey