Presbyterian Women Volunteers
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body…and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
(1 Corinthians 12:12-14)
Presbyterian Women relies on the sacrificial giving of, and partnership with, women living for Jesus with a heart to share Him with the world. There are many different ways to serve within the organisation, each relying on the different skills and gifts brought together within the body of Christ. We can’t do mission without you!
Here are some of the ways that volunteers can serve within Presbyterian Women:
One member of the PW Volunteer Bank is chosen each year to join the PW Panel when the President ceases to be a member at the end of her term of office.
PW Panel is the decision-making body of Presbyterian Women, concerned with the following:
- The spiritual life of Presbyterian Women through selecting the annual theme, promoting women’s ministry, encouraging prayer, promoting home and overseas mission, producing resources, and organising the Annual Meeting and other conferences.
- Managing finance relating to the PW Mission Fund, through the allocation of grants and selection of projects to support.
- Policy making and reviewing, and communicating with PW Groups.
More information regarding the role of the PW Panel can be found in the Presbyterian Women Guidebook.
PW Inspirations Subgroup
Members of this group take responsibility for the preparation of programme material for the women’s ministry resource, Inspirations, under the direction of the PW Panel. The group relies on having members who can bring the following skills and experience:
- A heart for communicating the gospel to women of all ages in relevant and accessible ways that will allow them to grow in faith.
- Confident written communication skills, including the ability to plan and structure resources in user-friendly and inspiring ways.
- Good working knowledge of Presbyterian Women and its groups, and women’s ministry within the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
PW Annual Meetings / Forums / Conferences
Presbyterian Women holds its Annual Meeting, which hosts over 1400 women from across Ireland, each May. The PW Forum shall normally meet twice a year – usually in September and February. Forum is crucial in the two-way communication between the PW Panel and PW LINKs. It is an educational and a motivational body that equips, enthuses and empowers women to serve Christ. On occasion, PW Forum may be substituted with a larger conference.
We are reliant on volunteers from PW Groups to support the running of these events. There is a range of roles in which you may feel called to offer your help:
- Prayer ministry
- Resource promotion
- Audio-visual support
We would love you to prayerfully consider your gifting and experiences as you explore some of the areas in which Presbyterian Women needs volunteers to work alongside us.
Please note that PW Panel and Inspirations Subgroup meetings take place during normal working hours.