The Moderator sends a Christmas card each year - but this festive season, he needs some help. Dr David Bruce is inviting people of all ages to photograph what Hope at Christmas looks like for them. A panel will choose the winning image that will be used in the Moderator's Christmas Card.
Every photograph competition needs some rules – so, here goes:
- Photographs are to be taken on the theme Hope at Christmas. The theme is open to personal interpretation by the photographer.
- The competition is open to all.
- The winning image will appear on the PCI Moderator’s 2021 Christmas card. The card will be A6 in size.
- All photos submitted must be original work, taken by the entrants.
- No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- To enter, send high-resolution digital file (4-20MB) with your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If sending a larger file please use a file transfer tool such as WeTransfer.
- Scanned negatives/prints are accepted but should meet the file size requirement. (We can’t consider any entries received by any other means. This includes physical prints and slides. Please do not send entries using WhatsApp or other social media app.)
- You may submit as many images as you like.
- Images can be colour or black and white.
- Images must not include watermarks, borders, or signatures.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is not allowed.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph.
- Entries will be assessed by a Panel of judges, including the Moderator. All decisions are final.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree that photographs submitted can be used by PCI for future promotional purposes in print and on social media.
- Submissions must be submitted by 12 noon on Monday 22 November 2021.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry.
So, what are you waiting for - get snapping!