Bite-size is a flexible discipleship tool which can be used in any congregation to help young people aged 11-18 learn God’s Word in a way that connects to their lives. Each session starts with the topic in an accessible way, teaches a simple biblical truth, illustrates that through the life of another Christian and helps young people to apply it to real life.
Module 1: Identity
The first bite-size module is on the theme of "Identity" and will enable leaders to help their young people understand key biblical truth about who they are in light of who God is and what he intends for their lives. The identity module comprises four separate sessions which can each take between 30 and about 80 minutes, depending on the context and time available.
This resource is free and can be ordered using the form below. It should be used in conjunction with the Leaders’ Guide which is available to download from this page and also included in the automatic email response when the form is completed.
Contained in the Identity PDF resource:
- Session 1 - Who am I?
- Session 2 - Who is God?
- Session 3 - Trinity
- Session 4 - Image of God
Module 2: Church
The second module is on the theme of Church and will enable youth leaders to help young people understand what the Bible teaches about church.
The key message through the sessions is that our intimate connection with Jesus and, through him, with his people the church, equips us to live for him as we carry his name and presence as hope to the world.
This module includes an optional introductory session, followed by five sessions of Bite-size: CHURCH which teach five pictures of the church found in the book of Ephesians.
Contained in the Church PDF resource:
- Introduction Session – CHURCH: The people of God, not a building.
- Session 1. The church is like a FAMILY: The family of God which gives us our identity, belonging and care.
- Session 2. The church is like a BODY: The body of Christ to which each of us is joined as a vital part.
- Session 3. The church is like a BRIDE: The bride of Christ who loves us forever, unbreakably united.
- Session 4. The church is like an ARMY: The army of God, equipped together for battle.
- Session 5. The church is like a TEMPLE: The temple of God, where he lives with us and in us.
These modules are both free and can be ordered using the form below. It should be used in conjunction with the Leaders’ Guide which is available to download (top right) and which is sent in the automatic e-mail response when the form is completed.