This annual course is designed to support leaders in church-based youth ministry and will provide insight into Youth Fellowship, Youth Club and Bible Class or any other church based youth ministry. This is also the ideal context to network with others in youth ministry, while being resourced and envisioned, trained and refreshed.
The course is held in Union Theological College on Monday evenings and incorporates a teaching programme of 16 weeks plus an introduction evening.
The weekly class time commitment is two hours (7.30-9.30pm) and there is a required weekend residential in November.
A team of experienced lecturers deliver these highly practical courses which lead to the award of a Certificate in Youth Ministry. In addition to attending the weekly lectures and residential the certificate is awarded to those who successfully complete two coursework assignments. There are no academic entrance requirements for this course; however, it is expected that candidates would be engaged in church-based youth ministry.
The lectures address the following aspects of Youth Ministry:
- Introduction to the Youth Ministry Course
- How to be a Youth Theologian
- Learning Styles
- Understanding Youth Culture
- Spiritual Health in Ministry
- Young People and Evangelism
- Helping Hurting Teens
- Discipling and Mentoring Young People
- Handling the Bible
- Communicating with Young People
- Discipling Young People in a Diverse Society
- Putting it all together: Programme Planning and Design
- Nurturing Effective Youth Ministry within the life of the Congregation
For more information contact the Congregational Life and Witness Office: firstname.lastname@example.org