To contribute to the Christian ministry and mission of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland through the delivery of the duties outlined.
To be an active member of the General Assembly’s staff team, contributing to the effective administration of its functions and assisting in the development of strategies and plans for the delivery of its agreed objective in a manner in keeping with the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Under the Leadership of the Secretary of the Council for Mission in Ireland to assist with the implementation of decisions of the General Assembly relevant to the Council and to carry forward its delegated responsibilities.
To provide a chaplaincy service to the staff and students of Queen’s University Belfast, Stranmillis University College and Union Theological College.
- Ordained Minister or Licentiate of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland, or willing to transfer from another denomination (Licentiates eligible for call from 1 September 2017 may apply);
- A third level education;
- A vision for appropriate outreach to young people and for their spiritual development;
- A knowledge of current issues affecting staff and students;
- A significant record of working with young adults in developing their Christian experience;
- Proven experience of effective personal Christian witness in a diverse environment;
- Proven experience in delivering pastoral care;
- Evidence of managerial and administrative skills;
- Available for flexible and non-social working hours;
- Willing to live in provided accommodation at Derryvolgie;
- Willing to attend Committee and Presbytery meetings as required.
Applications Packs are available with full details of the post and may be obtained from the Personnel Department, Assembly Buildings, 2-10 Fisherwick Place, Belfast BT1 6DW.
Telephone: +44 (0)28 9041 7255.
Applications should be returned to the Personnel Department, not later than 12 noon on Wednesday, 13th September 2017