Built in 2004, Corkey House is an exciting purpose built residential care home for older people in north Belfast. It accommodates 35 people in single bedrooms, all of which have full en-suite facilities.
Corkey House welcomes people from all denominations and offers care and support to older people in a Christian environment. The privacy and dignity of the individual is respected at all times. A stimulating varied programme of activities is arranged by the members of staff. Overnight accommodation can be arranged for visiting relatives or friends.
Services and amenities offered by Corkey House include:
- a stimulating varied programme of activities
- in-house entertainment and day trips
- library facilities
- treatment room
- daily devotions
- weekly Church Services
- overnight accommodation for visiting relatives or friends
- High standard of home cooked meals
- Care staff registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Home has ten registered dementia beds for clients with a diagnosis of early stage dementia.
The Home is registered with RQIA who undertake inspections. Reports can be viewed on their website www.rqia.org.uk
The United Appeal assists with the funding of the Council of Social Witness, enabling the Council to support the work and Christian witness offered at this residential home.
If you would like to learn more about Corkey House, please contact staff to arrange a time to visit.
Home manager: Mrs Rosemary Gilbey
1 Forthriver Crescent
Tel: +44 (0)28 9071 8095
Fax: +44 (0)28 9072 1923
Resident's PayPhone: +44 (0)28 9072 9965