Before coming to the UK, Rev. Edwin Kibathi pursued theological studies at the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA) Pastoral Institute, now the Presbyterian University of East Africa (PUEA), and St Paul’s United Theological College, and was ordained as a minister of the PCEA in 1990.
While in transit from visits to the USA, he became aware that there are well over 200,000 Kenyans living and working in the UK. God placed on Edwin’s heart a growing concern for the struggles of many Kenyans to cope and in April 2006 PCEA General Assembly commissioned Edwin, together with his wife Anne and their three children, to a church planting ministry known as PCEA UK Outreach.
At present there are more than 100 adults and young people in membership, along with many children attending the PCEA UK Outreach congregation in London, and there are also two home groups meeting regularly.
December 2017-January 2018
As we enter the Christmas and the new year season, a number of events have been planned to take place to mark the same.
On Saturday, 25th November, we had our annual get together dinner to socialise and pray together before Christmas. We also used it to reach out and invited some people who don’t normally attend to come and have fellowship with us in an informal setting. It also gave people who do not have family in UK the warmth of a church family during this time of the year.
On Sunday, 24th December, (Christmas Eve) we will join with Christ Church United Reformed Church for the morning service.
On Sunday, 31st December, we will join St. Mark’s Anglican Church for the New Year’s Eve service.
On Sunday, 21st January 2018, we will hold a special induction service for the 2018 leaders.
- Pray for the ongoing work and witness of the PCEA congregation in London.
- Pray that all the above events will go well to the glory of God.
- Pray that those travelling to join their families for Christmas will be given journey mercies.
General Prayer Points
- Give thanks for the vital and growing ministry of PCEA UK Outreach among Kenyans and other East African expatriates in London and other parts of the UK.
- Pray for daily wisdom and strength for Edwin and Anne and those working with them, as they seek to reach out and share the love of Jesus Christ with the many who have practical needs or are facing hardship or diffuculties of one kind or another.
- For all who meet each week in small groups, that they will be blessed and encouraged as they study the Bible and pray together.
- The ministry to children and young people, that they will grow in their understanding of the Christian faith and find spiritual guidance and encouragement, as they attend the various meetings arranged for them.
- The Kibathi family and God's blessing on all that they are enagaged in; for time to relax and enjoy 'time out'; and their health and safety at all time. Pray for the children as they continue their education and cope with all that's different in UK culture.
To download a printable PDF of this bulletin or for a previous bulletin visit the Mission Reports listing at the top or the Global Mission monthly bulletin archive.